Strange failure on SL and ML buildslaves

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jan 4 06:22:14 PST 2013

On Jan 3, 2013, at 13:43, Adam Mercer wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 4:19 AM, Joshua Root wrote:
>
>> The only real solution, AFAIK, is "don't do that", or handle the failure
>> gracefully.
>
> I'm open to suggestion on how to achieve this.

It's a matter to be reported to the developers of the software; ideally, they should revise their build process to not rely on a running window server. Not knowing their code, I'm not sure specifically how they would achieve this, but most other projects seem to manage it without trying at all. :) That is, I think they're doing something unusual that's requiring a window manager, and perhaps they can stop doing that unusual thing and find another way of doing the same thing.