buildbot questions

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jan 4 14:16:55 PST 2013

On Aug 2, 2011, at 11:16, Joshua Root wrote:

> Any or all of the values in
> the form can be blank. The portlist is actually meant to be space
> separated, but a buildbot bug is currently preventing requesting more
> than one port from working.

I am logged in, and I'm looking at this page:

https://build.macports.org/builders

If I want to force a particular port to build* on two of the buildbots, what field do I put the port name into? We've had the buildbots for so long now, and I'm afraid I still don't know how to do this. I don't see a field labeled "ports" or "portlist". What is the purpose of the repository and project fields? What are the property1-4 Name/Value fields used for?

* The reason I want to do this is because gpsim failed to build on the snowleopard and lion buildbots, but the reason was a problem with the gtk2-extra port, which I have now fixed, and now I want to re-try the gpsim build. I could just commit a no-op change to the gpsim port but I'd like to learn the better way.

I think some months back, when trying to puzzle this out, I decided that perhaps I was meant to put into the revision field the revision number that had failed to build that I wanted to retry. I think this worked, but it caused the information about subsequent builds to disappear from the buildbot web interface, which makes me think I'm not doing this right.

We need documentation about how to use the buildbot. (Our documentation does not even mention the buildbots' existence.) I tried to write such a wiki page awhile ago but did not save it because I felt I did not have enough information to write it.