buildbot questions

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sat Jan 5 00:01:23 PST 2013

On 2013-1-5 09:25 , MK-MacPorts at techno.ms wrote:
> On Jan 4, 2013, at 11:16 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> I am logged in, and I'm looking at this page:
>>
>> https://build.macports.org/builders
>>
>> If I want to force a particular port to build* on two of the buildbots, what field do I put the port name into? We've had the buildbots for so long now, and I'm afraid I still don't know how to do this. I don't see a field labeled "ports" or "portlist". What is the purpose of the repository and project fields? What are the property1-4
>> Name/Value fields used for?
>
> Hi Ryan,
>
> fill these out:
>
>   - branch: trunk  (could probably stay empty)
>   - property1   Name: portlist     Value: gpsim
>
> all the rest can stay empty.

Yes, you can leave the branch field empty too.

property1-property4 can be used to set arbitrary properties for a build,
we just happen to use a custom property called portlist. It's derived
from the commit data in the case of a non-forced build.

<http://buildbot.net/buildbot/docs/current/manual/concepts.html#build-properties>

I think the version of buildbot we now use will correctly set all
properties if you click the "Rebuild" button on a build page (older
versions didn't). So you can just do that rather than enter the info for
a new forced build, if you prefer.

BTW, the bug that prevented entering multiple port names was fixed a
while ago too.

- Josh