PortGroup perl5 dependencies for non-module ports

Michael Schout mschout at gkg.net
Thu Jan 10 07:21:23 PST 2013

On 1/10/13 8:23 AM, Rainer Müller wrote:

> I tried to use the perl5 port group to create a port for an application,
> not a module. The port group insists on using the version of perl
> extracted from the currently installed ${prefix}/bin/perl.

This seems like the right thing to do IMO. ${prefix}/bin/perl is the
default macports perl after all.

> Actually this
> is the renaming of p5-app-ack, #37595 [1].
>
>   name                ack
>   perl5.branches      5.12
>   perl5.setup         ack 1.96 App
>
> With this, it's still trying to use ${prefix}/bin/perl:

Why shouldn't it?  I'll admit perhaps I don't grasp enough of the
macports perl infrastructure, but if ${prefix}/bin/perl is the default
perl, then that's what ack should be using.

> I found a possible solution in the port biblatex-biber:
>
>   name                    ack
>   perl5.branches          5.12
>   perl5.default_branch    5.12
>   perl5.setup             ack 1.96 App

Am I correct in assuming this FORCES ack to depend on perl 5.12?  That
seems broken to me.  If I am using perl 5.14, I shouldn't have to
install perl 5.12 just to get ack.

p5-app-ack already works fine, provided I have
${prefix}/libexec/perl5.14 in my path.

Regards,
Michael Schout