Portfile Workflow Advice

rod rod at pu-gh.com
Mon Jan 14 00:18:43 PST 2013

Hi!

I've been finding developing and especially updating Portfiles a bit tricky and
error prone, so have been writing some tools for myself to help with this...

https://github.com/rodnaph/pearl
https://github.com/rodnaph/ghsum

But while submitting the second via Trac it was pointed out you can do
this already
with Macports...

$> port -d checksum

So I was wondering what tools everyone else uses to create and update
their Portfiles?
 Are all the utilities provided through the "port" tool and I'm just
missing them?  Or are there other utilities (like
https://trac.macports.org/browser/users/ryandesign/scripts/portcheckup) that
are available to help?

Any links/tips appreciated, and I'd be especially interested if someone could
describe their workflow too.

Thanks.