filetype in modeline (was: Re: [101588] trunk/dports/devel/pcre/Portfile)

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Mon Jan 14 07:07:10 PST 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 09:33:34AM -0500, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
> > Another way to make sure Portfiles have filetype set to Portfile despite
> > the modeline is adding the following line to your .vimrc:
> >    au BufNewFile,BufRead,BufWinEnter Portfile setlocal ft=Portfile
> >
> > That way you can use mpvim with your Portfiles but still use the
> > standard modeline.
>
> We could update the standard modeline to include that too :-)

No we can't, because
 - I think the command wouldn't be effective in a modeline
 - it would be no different from putting ft=Portfile in the modeline
   directly
 - it would break for all users without mpvim, which is just what we're
   trying to avoid.

We could however put that line into mpvim.

--
Clemens Lang