[101504] trunk/base/src/port1.0/portextract.tcl

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Jan 14 07:07:41 PST 2013

On 2013-01-14 09:20, Sean Farley wrote:
> $ /usr/bin/find . -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 ! -perm -01000 -exec cp -R {} /tmp \;
>
> I think all we really need to do in cases like these are ignore files
> / directories that have the sticky bit set.

The problem is not the sticky bit, but the missing read permissions.
I would say this should be:

/usr/bin/find . -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -perm -+r -exec cp -R {} /tmp \;

The syntax is strange, but I think -+r is really what we want:
read permissions for at least one of owner, group or others.

Rainer