ROOT Update Ticket

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 15 11:55:39 PST 2013

On 15 Jan 2013, at 7:46pm, Aljaž Srebrnič <g5pw at macports.org> wrote:

> On 15/gen/2013, at 20:45, Chris Jones <jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Nope, I built root this morning but I deleted the logs; I'm building now, will attach as soon as it finishes.

>>> I'm on Mountain Lion, Xcode 4.5.2, variants are +avahi+clang31+cocoa+fftw3+fitsio+graphviz+gsl+ldap+minuit2+mysql55+opengl+postgresql92+pythia+python32+qt_mac+roofit+ruby+soversion+ssl+tmva+xml
>>
>> OK… so is that all of them ;)
>
> When I build, I build all-in ;)

Fair enough in general. ROOT though has a hell of a lot of variants, and some are provide as is, in that I know they give troubles in some cases but I keep them neverless. qt4_mac is one in particular. It has never worked that well for me, and I tried to remove it a while back, but added it back when I found some users actually found it OK….

>> Please first try the default set of variants, then add them back. In particular try without using clang31 which forces the use of MacPorts clang 3.1 compiler…
>
> will try the default set first! Let's see which variant fails.

I will test things myself. My bet is it is one of cocoa, clang31 or qt4_mac that is causing the issue…

Chris