Portfile Workflow Advice

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Tue Jan 15 12:59:23 PST 2013

In article
<CANH+MCi_mw1_77dLBpdoq+N==GbC_mSz_9mcNamaFFVvOn=byw at mail.gmail.com>,
 Sean Farley <sean at macports.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 1:28 PM, Bradley Giesbrecht
> <pixilla at macports.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Jan 15, 2013, at 11:17 AM, Sean Farley wrote:
> >
> >> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 12:03 PM, Bradley Giesbrecht
> >> <pixilla at macports.org> wrote:
[...]
> >> Fair enough. I initially wanted to keep my inbox volume low but I
> >> guess there's no way around that :-(
> > I use Mail.app's "SMART MAILBOXES" and ignore my inbox. I scan the subjects
> > of the tickets and changes smart mailboxes, read those that interest me and
> > mass "flag as read" the rest.
> This is actually what I meant by "processing." For me, even what you
> describe requires too much thinking on my part. Or maybe I just need
> more coffee :-)

FYI, if you prefer the "Usenet newsgroup" approach to following
discussions rather than email cluttering your mailboxes, gmane.org
provides read-write NNTP newsreader access to several MacPorts mailing
lists.  It also provides access in other formats such as through-the-web
and read-only RSS feeds.

http://gmane.org/find.php?list=macports

--
 Ned Deily,