gfortran standalone port

Sean Farley sean at macports.org
Thu Jan 17 11:40:36 PST 2013

Hi all,

I was writing to ask about adding this standalone port for gfortran 4.7:

https://bitbucket.org/seanfarley/scienceports/src/tip/lang/gfortran/Portfile?at=default

The reason I wrote this was to solve the "I need a fortran compiler
only" that some ports have. Historically, g95 has not been a good
solution for this due to its own problems, but none the less, I wrote
a port group for adding fortran compilers that adds both g95 and
gfortran.

A few questions I had,

1) Is it ok to host the binary at bitbucket?

2) What would be the preferred way to set an optional dependence on
fortran? Currently, I use a variable "fortran.optional=yes" but could
switch it to a … proc (a la just like the github portgroup)? Something
else?

Thanks in advance for any comments!