Automated fix for automake 1.13 changes

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jan 23 06:55:00 PST 2013

On Jan 23, 2013, at 08:00, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 2:49 PM, Adam Mercer wrote:
>> Would it make sense to add an automake-devel port?
>
> (Disclaimer: I didn't work with ports that had problems with removed
> features, so I might not have enough information.)
>
> In my opinion it hardly makes any sense to introduce a new
> automake-devel port for a single week and introduce all kinds of
> problems with conflicting ports automake/automake-devel.

I agree. Besides, the ports that use automake depend on port:automake so they cannot benefit from an automake-devel port, unless we change them all to depend on path:bin/automake:automake. We'd also need to make the same change in MacPorts base (in ./src/port1.0/portconfigure.tcl) and release a new version of MacPorts base.

> If 1.13.1
> already broke so much, it might be easiest to simply switch to 1.13.1b
> in the main automake port now (it probably cannot break more than the
> last version did?) to be able to discover other remaining problems
> before the release of 1.13.2. Then MacPorts can switch to 1.13.2 as
> soon as that version comes out.

I'd be ok with that. I'd also be ok with just waiting until 1.13.2 is released.