Lion buildbot weirdness

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jan 23 08:50:27 PST 2013

On Jan 23, 2013, at 09:31, Clemens Lang wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 08:42:00AM -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> Deactivating octave
>> an invalid entry was passed while executing "$dependent name" (procedure "receipt_sqlite::list_dependents" line 18) invoked from within "${macports::registry.format}::list_dependents $name $version $revision $variants" (procedure "registry::list_dependents" line 3) invoked from within "registry::list_dependents $pvals(name)" (procedure "portlist_sortdependents" line 7) invoked from within "portlist_sortdependents $portlist" (procedure "action_deactivate" line 6) invoked from within "$action_proc $action $portlist [array get global_options]" (procedure "process_cmd" line 95) invoked from within "process_cmd $remaining_args" invoked from within "if { [llength $remaining_args] > 0 } { # If there are remaining arguments, process those as a command set exit_status [process_cmd $remaining..." (file "/opt/local/bin/port" line 4784)
>
> Sounds like https://trac.macports.org/ticket/34482. This cannot be fixed
> automatically, I'm afraid somebody will have to do the fix manually on
> the buildbot. There's a script in the ticket that will automate the fix,
> though.

Eep!

> We should also upgrade the buildbots to 2.1.3 to prevent this from
> happening again.

We should release MacPorts 2.1.3, and then do that, yes. :)

>> Also, only on the Lion buildbot, graphviz-devel failed to build:
>> https://build.macports.org/builders/buildports-lion-x86_64/builds/7697/steps/compile/logs/stdio
>> I'm concerned about this line printed during configure:
>>  pangocairo:    No (pangocairo library not available)
>> pangocairo should of course be available. It's declared as a
>> dependency and has always worked before, and works fine on the Snow
>> Leopard and Mountain Lion buildbots, and on my Lion test machine.
>
> We've seen a couple of similar reports recently, where dependencies were
> correctly declared but still not installed. Did we recently change parts
> of the code doing this?

The log says pango is installed, graphviz just fails to find it for some unknown reason. But it looks like pango was already active, which it shouldn't have been. I guess MacPorts had trouble deactivating octave due to the above, and then stopped, leaving any ports alphabetically after octave (including pango) active. Not sure why that would be a problem but maybe this will solve itself after the above is fixed.