[101989] trunk/dports/net/bind9

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu Jan 24 07:13:19 PST 2013

On Jan 23, 2013, at 10:55 PM, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia <jeremyhu at macports.org> wrote:
> On Jan 23, 2013, at 7:39 PM, Daniel J. Luke <dluke at geeklair.net> wrote:
>> On Jan 23, 2013, at 7:38 PM, jeremyhu at macports.org wrote:
>>>
>>> bind9: Fix inlining
>>
>> What ticket is this for? and/or what was broken that you fixed on this non-openmaintainer port?
>
> This is an obvious fix for a build failure.

What build failure? Just the +dlz_mysql5 variant? (If so, it wasn't a minimal fix, since it affected more than that variant - if not, it wasn't something that prevented the build on my local boxes or the buildboxes, so I don't think it really qualifies under that policy).

> The second is permitted for non-openmaintainer ports, and the former was recently suggested as an extension of that allowance.

It may have been suggested, but as far as I know, it wasn't actually added to the policy.

> bind9's "checking for static inline breakage... " check was broken and returning "yes" incorrectly because their check was not valid.

... but the build still worked fine even though it wasn't inlining things that it maybe should have been, right?

Did you push your patch back upstream?

In any event - I always appreciate getting a note and/or ticket if someone is going to work on one of my non-openmaintainer ports (they aren't openmaintainer for a reason, after all).

>> It looks like now everyone who installs it needs autoconf and needs autoreconf where before there were some patches just for dlz_mysql5 :-\
>
> Yeah, well... them's the breaks.

... but the don't have to be. I would think that adding additional dependencies like that would have at least been enough of a change that you'd want to let me know about it before you made the change ...

--
Daniel J. Luke