[101464] trunk/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/ compiler_blacklist_versions-1.0.tcl

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Thu Jan 24 07:53:45 PST 2013

On Jan 24, 2013, at 10:41 AM, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org>
wrote:

>  It's /opt/X11/bin/xterm for me, but I guess /usr/X11R6 on your system is a symlink to that anyway. I use the same versions on Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.

Yes: % ls -lAFd /usr/X11*
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  8 Oct 26 09:33 /usr/X11@ -> /opt/X11
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  8 Oct 26 09:33 /usr/X11R6@ -> /opt/X11

And, yes, 10.8 latest.

> From the xterm window:
>  $ env |grep -E 'XTERM|__CF'
>  XTERM_SHELL=/opt/local/bin/bash
>  __CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING=0x1F5:0:0
>  XTERM_LOCALE=en_US.UTF-8
>  XTERM_VERSION=XTerm(281)
>  I don't know where XTERM_LOCALE comes from, but from the name it sounds like that could be the culprit.

Doing "export XTERM_LOCALE=en_US.UTF-8" in my shell does not help. Quite
strange.

Anyway, if smart quotes work for others then my terminal is special
somehow and feel free to use them; I'll deal and it's not that big of
one. - MLD