[101989] trunk/dports/net/bind9

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu Jan 24 12:39:18 PST 2013

On Jan 24, 2013, at 1:34 PM, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia <jeremyhu at macports.org> wrote:
>> (If so, it wasn't a minimal fix, since it affected more than that variant - if not, it wasn't something that prevented the build on my local boxes or the buildboxes, so I don't think it really qualifies under that policy).
>
> Well, that's your opinion.  I'm sorry we disagree.

When the policy was written, the only thing it originally included was stuff that just didn't build (security updates were later also considered important enough/broken enough to be included).

>>> The second is permitted for non-openmaintainer ports, and the former was recently suggested as an extension of that allowance.
>>
>> It may have been suggested, but as far as I know, it wasn't actually added to the policy.
>
> Well, my apologies for not wanting to bother you with something trivial.

by not including 'openmaintainer' I'm specifically saying that I want to be bothered by things that might be considered 'trivial'

>>> bind9's "checking for static inline breakage... " check was broken and returning "yes" incorrectly because their check was not valid.
>>
>> ... but the build still worked fine even though it wasn't inlining things that it maybe should have been, right?
>> Did you push your patch back upstream?
>
> I spent 5 minutes looking on http://www.isc.org for a way to actually send them the patch only to be presented with requests to fill out a sponsorship application before I could join their forums.  As such, ISC doesn't have the patch.

ack, I'll see about getting it to someone at ISC.

>> In any event - I always appreciate getting a note and/or ticket if someone is going to work on one of my non-openmaintainer ports (they aren't openmaintainer for a reason, after all).
>
> Well, you didn't give me much time to send you a note.  You replied to my comment seconds after I pushed it ;)

which is sort of my point - if you had ping'd me first I probably would have given the OK for you to commit - and it's not like you would have been sitting on it waiting for me for a long time :)

--
Daniel J. Luke