GStreamer Ports - Upgrade to Version 1.x, Add Fallback/Legacy Version 0.10.x

Ryan Stonecipher RMStonecipher at macports.org
Sun Jan 27 21:58:20 PST 2013

Adam, Dave, Eric, Jeremy, Jyrki, Kimura, Leo, Mike, Ryan Schmidt, and
"NoDamage",
Each of you maintains at least one port which depends on the
currently-ported 0.10.x versions of GStreamer and its extensions.
Version 1.0 of GStreamer was released on 2012-09-24 and since that date
bugfixes up to version 1.0.5 have been released.
There are several tickets about this potential upgrade (#37077-37082 and
#37545) on the bug tracker.
Both versions can be installed in parallel and some dependent projects may
not yet support the new API, so I believe port names should be changed to
allow such parallel installation.
Below are revised names in the following format:
current port -> replacement port (legacy port)

gnonlin -> gstreamer01-gnonlin ()
gst-ffmpeg -> gstreamer1-gst-libav (gstreamer01-gst-ffmpeg)
gst-plugins-bad -> gstreamer1-gst-plugins-bad (gstreamer01-gst-plugins-bad)
gst-plugins-base -> gstreamer1-gst-plugins-base
(gstreamer01-gst-plugins-base)
gst-plugins-gl -> gstreamer01-gst-plugins-gl ()
gst-plugins-good -> gstreamer1-gst-plugins-good
(gstreamer01-gst-plugins-good)
gst-plugins-ugly -> gstreamer1-gst-plugins-ugly
(gstreamer01-gst-plugins-ugly)
gst-rtsp-server -> gstreamer01-gst-rtsp ()
gstreamer -> gstreamer1 (gstreamer01)

Attached is a diff of changes in trunk/dports/gnome required to implement
this transition as of r102101.
I believe the use of 'replaced_by' and incrementing the epoch of each old
port will trigger the necessary changes/upgrades.

Maintainers of dependents,
Please test your ports against gstreamer1(,-gst-libav,-gst-plugins-*) and
let me know which if any are incompatible and should depend upon
gstreamer01(,-gst-ffmpeg,-gst-plugins-*,-gnonlin,-gst-rtsp) I would
appreciate it.

Jeremy H.S.,
Some architecture-specific syntax you recently added to gst-ffmpeg is no
longer present in gst-libav.  For now I stripped those arguments from the
gstreamer1-gst-libav Portfile.  Please let me know if I should add
different arguments to restore functionality to match
gstreamer01-gst-ffmpeg.

-dev list,
If you see anything unusual or poorly-implemented in the attached .diff
please let me know.

I would like to implement these changes in mid-February, so please send
comments or concerns before the weekend of 2013-02-16/17 if possible.

Cheers,

Ryan Stonecipher