Anything else for 2.1.3?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jan 28 09:22:01 PST 2013

On Jan 28, 2013, at 08:23, Jack Howarth wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 07:39:38PM +1100, Joshua Root wrote:
>> As per the milestone due date, I'm thinking we should do the release at
>> the end of the month. If there anything else we really need to merge to
>> the branch? Eligible changes at this point should be low-risk,
>> well-tested bug fixes only (or purely routine stuff like addition of new
>> configure.compiler values).

I think there was one more change I had meant to commit to 'port lint' for portgroups with underscores in their name; I'll try to see to that today.

> In terms of the overall 2.1.3 milestone, it would be nice to normalize
> the situation with tcl and tk (eg either patching broken packages for 8.6.0 or
> making sure a legacy tcl8.5 and tk8.5 package exists to unbreak packages
> like expect).

Yes we should continue to work on tcl/tk 8.6 compatibility of ports, but that's not tied to the schedule of releasing a new version of base nor dependent on any new feature of base not yet released.