[102239] trunk/dports/kde/pairs/Portfile

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Tue Jan 29 22:34:06 PST 2013

On 2013-1-30 13:16 , Nicolas Pavillon wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2013, at 6:23 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>

>> On Jan 29, 2013, at 09:50, nicos at macports.org wrote:
>>
>>> -license             GPL-2+
>>> +license             {GPL-2+ GPL-3+}
>>
>> How is that different?
>
> Hello,
>
> The main point of the commit was to add
>> +#Binaries do not link to openssl, nor use the ssl backend of kdelibs4
>> +license_noconflict  openssl
>
> Then, the license correction indeed does not change anything in practice, but as the choice is explicitly given, I changed it for the sake of completeness.

I'd say it's actually {GPL-2 GPL-3} at present:

#  This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
#  modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as
#  published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of
#  the License or (at your option) version 3 or any later version
#  accepted by the membership of KDE e.V. (or its successor approved
#  by the membership of KDE e.V.), which shall act as a proxy
#  defined in Section 14 of version 3 of the license.

Obviously there is no possible difference until there's a GPL-4, but at
that point GPL-2+ would be incorrect if KDE e.V. does not accept the new
version.

{GPL-2+ GPL-3+} is redundant in any case since it's exactly equivalent
to GPL-2+.

- Josh