No subject

Mon Jan 28 08:41:14 PST 2013

and 10.7. Perhaps that doesn't mean supported, but it certainly is
described / exists. (And happens to be what I'm sitting at.)

>> If I'm the only one that wants it this way anymore, then I can always ke=
ep my own private version for myself, I suppose.

> No, if you want this, chances are someone else wants it as well... but I =
would like to understand exactly *why* you want it.  Are there performance =
bugs with clang or the code it generates that I should be aware of?  Are th=
ere compatibility concerns?

Did clang grow OpenMP support yet? There's no OpenMP in mpich, but can
certainly show up in programs compiled with mpich. I also like to be
able to build/test with the different compiler versions we also have
installed and various linux systems. Granted, there are other
differences, but OSX+gcc44 is "closer to" linux+gcc44 than OSX+clang
is.

I think it comes down to "I'm installing X (from MP) so I need this
thing I've never met called MPICH that is required" or "I'm installing
MPICH so I can write an MPI program, and I want to use *cc because of
Z." Perhaps the best way to serve both ends is to create sub-ports as
I mentioned above.

Thanks,
 Eric