No subject

Mon Jan 28 08:41:14 PST 2013

tree, so all new created files on your system should be owned by
rschmidt.

As a side note, permissions of new files created during sync have the
umask value 0022 applied, which is set in port(1) to avoid other
problems with inheriting the umask of the user running the port
command. This is way the new files get these permissions (the bit
fiddling in octal is 0666 & ~0022 == 0644).

To ensure the macports user always has read permissions, I am using ACL
entries on my ports tree checkout. These are applied to new files
automatically.

chmod -R +a "group:everyone allow read,execute,list,search,file_inherit,directory_inherit" macports/trunk/dports

Unfortunately, the ACLs are not always preserved by some tools such as
GNU patch(1). In this cases I manually need to apply them again. Other
standard BSD tools such as cp(1), mv(1), mkdir(1), etc. are of course
capable of applying them correctly.

Rainer