[107528] trunk/dports/textproc/intltool/Portfile

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Thu Jul 4 01:30:54 PDT 2013

On 2013-7-4 18:04 , Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia wrote:

> On Jul 3, 2013, at 11:57 PM, Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:
>
>> Changing the perl used by intltool doesn't fix anything by itself, it
>> just shifts the problem from "setting perl5 to anything but 5.12 causes
>> problems" to "setting perl5 to anything but 5.16 causes problems”.
>
> Eh... not really... it shifts it to “having perl5 and intltool not match variants causes problems” which is much less likely.  Hell, I’d be in support of just saying that you can’t switch +perl variants like we say you can’t toggle +universal.  Then we could just remove all the fuss in the other Portfiles.

Well, intltool didn't have perl variants before, and doesn't really need
them any more than any other port that uses perl modules. Last time the
topic was discussed we decided to just use the current default perl
version in such cases.

Or if the relevant maintainers want to remove the old perl versions or
just have one version, that's fine with me. I don't even use perl
directly most of the time.

- Josh