Switching to Perl 5.16

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Fri Jul 5 01:07:11 PDT 2013

On 2013-7-5 16:57 , Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia wrote:
> TBH, I’d rather switch to 5.16 while 5.18 matures in MacPorts ...
>
> So is anyone against moving from 5.12 to 5.16 as the default?  Should we make changes to all the relevant ports at once?

Yes, they should all be changed at once. For perl5 and p5-* it's easy,
just change the default variant for perl5 and the default version in the
perl5 portgroup. For everything else that uses a specific version of
perl, there should be a ticket similar to
<https://trac.macports.org/ticket/38232> to give maintainers some
warning before the mass update goes in.

- Josh