[107626] users/mojca

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Mon Jul 8 01:12:48 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 4:44 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> ${workpath}/${distname} is more simply known as ${worksrcpath}.

Thank you, fixed.

In the meantime I also tried to incorporate all the different versions
into a single port
    https://trac.macports.org/browser/users/mojca/ports/science/geant/Portfile
(without extensive testing yet).

This time I implemented "all data into a single port" strategy to see
how it compares with "each data file into its own port".

Drawbacks:
- more space needed (there can be duplicated/identical data files for
different versions of Geant)
- I like it slightly more if all data files would be in
share/Geant4/Data rather than in
    share/Geant4/Data/Geant4.9.5
    share/Geant4/Data/Geant4.9.6
    share/Geant4/Data/Geant4.10.0

Advantages:
- less ports
- less ports to uninstall when upgrading from, say, 9.5 to 9.6
- when upgrading from beta release to the official one, data files
required by beta are removed automatically

Mojca