Creating $prefix/bin/foo and Foo.app at the same time

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jul 16 16:32:19 PDT 2013

On Jul 16, 2013, at 18:22, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> The bundle created by Jérôme Suhard
> (http://jerome.suhard.fr/gate/#Info.plist) also contains
> CFBundleDocumentTypes to register *.mac files with the program. I'm
> not sure if this is really needed or not, but I'm still curious
> whether I could add this in some easy way with the app bundle.

This has been requested once or twice before, but the app portgroup does not currently support this.

I created the app portgroup mainly for ports using frameworks such as libsdl that can create real Mac applications from source code that was not specifically designed for the Mac.

My expectation was that software developers who develop Mac apps that integrate with the Mac OS to the extent that they support document types would go to the further effort to ship a working app bundle in their source code.