Failed compilation of libcerf: any hints?

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Wed Jul 17 07:35:08 PDT 2013

On 2013-7-17 22:42 , Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I took the liberty to submit my first port to SVN, libcerf, which will
> also be the dependency of (one of) the next version(s) of gnuplot. I
> hope that is OK. The buildbot for Snow Leopard reports an error, but
> I'm unable to interpret it myself. Any hints or help are welcome. The
> wiki seems down, so maybe that is somehow related.
>
> https://build.macports.org/builders/buildports-snowleopard-x86_64/builds/18815

<https://build.macports.org/builders/buildports-snowleopard-x86_64/builds/18815/steps/compile/logs/stdio/text>
says:
w_of_z.c:84:40: error: imaginary constants are a GCC extension

So it looks like it shouldn't be using -pedantic and -Werror together.

> (The other two buildbots throw a warning that I wasn't able to
> interpret either.)

You mean this?
libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /opt/local/lib'

The warnings log just scans for any lines containing "warning". There's
no guarantee they actually indicate a problem.

- Josh