[108385] trunk/dports/gis/gdal/Portfile

Vincent Habchi vince at macports.org
Mon Jul 22 09:58:42 PDT 2013

Le 22 juil. 2013 à 14:52, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> a écrit :

> Possibly you should set "configure.optflags -O3 -march=native" instead of dealing with cflags and cxxflags directly.

I found that setting configure.cflags and cxxflags does not seem to interfere with the other options. But if you say there is a more suitable way to set them, I’ll abide by your advice.

> Or possibly users who want performance should edit this and the compiler choice into macports.conf directly. However they would also have to disable the use of the precompiled binaries otherwise they would, without warning, receive a binary that was not compiled with those flags. So I could understand if we don't think that's the best solution.

Exactly. The idea I had is that the users that want their ports to be compiled and optimized for their machine should add the +perf variant in variants.conf. Since +perf is never enabled by default, this would never result in the fetching of the pre-compiled binaries. What do you think?

Vincent