Getting the string "i386,x86_64"

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Wed Jul 24 02:15:50 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Jul 24, 2013, at 02:57, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> MacPorts provides a procedure
>>    get_canonical_archflags
>> which returns "-arch i386 -arch x86_64". Is there any procedure that
>> would return "i386,x86_64" instead?
>
> The cmake portgroup does:
>
>                 configure.universal_args-append \
>                     -DCMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES="[join ${configure.universal_archs} \;]"
>
> So you could get it with a comma using:
>
>                 [join ${configure.universal_archs} ,]

Thank you, this seems to work.

> Note that's not canonical; that's only applicable when the universal variant is selected.

No problem, it's wrapped in "universal".

Mojca

PS: Ignoring the "port select" functionality, the testing port in
https://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/users/mojca/wxports/graphics/wxWidgets30
seems to fix your report at https://trac.macports.org/ticket/39786.
The port contains one patch that I didn't dare to delete: I don't know
what purpose it serves and for me it also works without it.