deactivating dep listed in both depends_{build,lib}

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Thu Jul 25 18:22:22 PDT 2013

On 2013-7-26 10:25 , Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
> How would I test if the linking is due to the .la files I've been hearing about?
> Do I add "delete_la_files yes" to the gcc46 Portfile and rebuild gcc46?

I don't think gcc46 installs any .la files, but in general you shouldn't
delete them when that is not already the default, because that will
break linking with any dependents that do install .la files.

You don't need to delete the .la files to fix the overlinking problem.
Base will still clear dependency_libs in .la files when they are not
deleted.

I wouldn't be too worried about this being a case of overlinking; it's
pretty common for code compiled with macports-gcc-* to need libgcc or
libgfortran at runtime.

- Josh