Commit request: #39795, update py-obspy to 0.8.4

Peter Danecek Peter.Danecek at bo.ingv.it
Mon Jul 29 07:35:51 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I would like to ask again if it were possible to commit patch in ticket #39795. The port is current broken, due to several issues introduced after it was last committed. It will not build! Even if it would, the version 0.8.3 is not be fully functional with Python >= 2.7.3; This issue was fixed with 0.8.4 and the port works fine for Python 2.7.

After my last request there were some reactions on to some details, but than where was not followed up. Please let me know if there is some problem to have the patch committed. Otherwise I would be grateful if it could be placed into Macport ASAP.

Thanks!
~petr