[107013] trunk/dports/devel

Adam Mercer ram at macports.org
Sun Jun 16 09:37:17 PDT 2013

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 11:58 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> You can run the command yourself on the command line, for the version of perl that you want globus-core to use, and then put that value into the portfile (modulo using ${prefix} as usual).
>
> The problem with trying to run it in the portfile is that it's not predictable or repeatable: it depends on what "perl" is. Via the variants of the perl5 port, that can vary on the user's system, or as I mentioned, in the extreme case of not having perl5 installed at all, "perl" is "/usr/bin/perl". That's in fact what happens on the buildbot, because the buildbot never has any ports installed prior to a build. (All ports are uninstalled after every build.) So on the buildbot, 'sh -c "eval \"\`perl -V:installvendorlib\`\" ; echo \$installvendorlib"' is '/Network/Library/Perl/5.12'. And this value gets inserted into the files installed by the port:
>
> /opt/local/sbin/globus-build-doxygen-dependencies:    $perlmoduledir = "/Network/Library/Perl/5.12";
> /opt/local/sbin/globus-update-doxygen-index:    $perlmoduledir = "/Network/Library/Perl/5.12";
> /opt/local/share/globus/globus-build-env-gcc64pthr.sh:perlmoduledir='/Network/Library/Perl/5.12'
> /opt/local/share/globus/globus-build-env-noflavor.sh:perlmoduledir='/Network/Library/Perl/5.12'
>
> What does globus do with this directory? Does it look for MacPorts-installed perl modules there? It will not find them there. Does it try to install its own modules there? That's not a good idea either.

I noticed also that the version of perl is in this string, i.e.:

$ perl -V:installvendorlib
installvendorlib='/opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.12.4';
$

so if the version of perl is updated that this will no longer work. So
I imagine we need a new approach.

Dennis: You're more familiar with globus than I am, what do you think
is the best way to address this?

Cheers

Adam