Creating a portfile for Unicode Character Database

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jun 17 14:05:20 PDT 2013

On Jun 17, 2013, at 14:51, Johan Mattsson wrote:

> <Portfile>

"revision 0" is the default; you can omit that.

Instead of setting distfile to empty, please use "extract.mkdir yes".

Because the distfile name does not contain the version number, follow this recipe: https://trac.macports.org/wiki/PortfileRecipes#unversioned-distfiles which includes setting dist_subdir to include the version number and picking a download URL that includes the version number.

Since the port doesn't appear to compile or install any architecture-specific files, you need "supported_archs noarch".

See attached revised Portfile for all these changes. It installs fine for me; I don't see the error you mentioned.