Switching to Perl 5.16

Frank Schima macsforever2000 at macports.org
Wed Jun 19 10:25:43 PDT 2013

On Jun 19, 2013, at 10:06 AM, Daniel J. Luke <dluke at geeklair.net> wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2013, at 12:02 PM, Frank Schima <macsforever2000 at macports.org> wrote:
>>
>> It seems to me that we should be switching the default perl in Macports from version 5.12 to 5.16. Are there any objections to this? If not, I will create a Trac ticket about this.
>
> do you mean 5.18, or are we desiring to continue to be behind the current stable perl for some reason? ;-)

If you think that version is stable enough to move forward on. I'm hoping ricci will comment. One problem is that we lack a perl5.18 port. It will require more work to add it too because now all p5-* ports will need to add a p5.18 subport. A ticket for that seems like a no brainer at this point however.

-Frank