[107347] trunk/dports/finance

Aljaž Srebrnič g5pw at macports.org
Wed Jun 26 09:29:35 PDT 2013

On 26/giu/2013, at 18:21, Lawrence Velázquez <larryv at macports.org> wrote:

> On Jun 26, 2013, at 3:14 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>
>> On Jun 26, 2013, at 01:42, MK-MacPorts at techno.ms wrote:
>>
>>> On Jun 26, 2013, at 5:53 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>> That is strange, since I was using vi to edit this port file.
>>> Any idea what I could to force vi to conform to these settings when saving the file?
>>
>> I am not sure! I don't know how vi handles modelines or whitespace. I just noticed that the formatting of the commit email was strange, and when I opened the Portfile in my editor, I saw the mix of tabs and spaces.
>
> I think modelines are only checked when you open a file. The easiest thing to do when creating a new port is probably to save it with just the modeline and then reopen it.

That is correct. However, you just need to do a :e % to reread the file, no need to relaunch vim! Also, modeline is not automatically applied (vim won't convert tabs to spaces to adhere to the modeline by itself); you need to issue a :retab command.

> vq

Aljaž Srebrnič a.k.a g5pw
My public key:  http://bit.ly/g5pw_pubkey