delete_la_files yes for Mavericks

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at apple.com
Sat Jun 29 23:24:21 PDT 2013

On Jun 29, 2013, at 10:13 PM, Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:

> On 2013-6-30 10:15 , Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia wrote:
>> I'd like to set "delete_la_files yes" as the default for Mavericks.  This would go onto trunk and the beta branch.
>>
>> Anyone using the Mavericks betas would need to set 'delete_la_files no' in their macports.conf files or rebuild.
>>
>> Any objections?
>
> I guess that would be the logical point at which to change it. It's
> currently only a portfile option, not a macports.conf option, though.

Ok, I just pushed a patch to trunk which makes it an option in macports.conf (I thought it had been already), and I'll wait for more feedback first before committing a change that will set it to yes on Mavericks.

> It's also not clear how we would identify the minority of software that
> actually uses the libltdl functionality that requires the .la files to
> be present.

Yes.  We would need to set "delete_la_files no" for such cases.  Luckily the use is quite rare, so it shouldn't be too disruptive.

--Jeremy