KDE instructions

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 03:54:54 PST 2013

On 02/03/2013, at 6:25 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Mar 2, 2013, at 01:23, Nicolas Pavillon wrote:
>> Following the discussion concerning the improvement of the display of port notes, I was also considering gathering the information for installing KDE ports somewhere. I noticed that while we have an extensive page in the wiki concerning gnome (https://trac.macports.org/wiki/GNOME), KDE just links to the somewhat outdated external page of KDE about Mac.
>>
>> I am not sure anymore about the policy concerning the wiki. May I create directly the page and gather the information on a new page dedicated to KDE, or is there a validation procedure, since it is not monitored through commits like the Macports Guide ?
>
> Changes to the wiki do get sent to the macports-changes mailing list, just like commits to the repository. Please feel free to create wiki pages and write documentation to your heart's content!

And if you need any help, review, etc. please let me know.  Unfortunately, I do not
know how to write wikis, but I do know a little about KDE and the KDE project, so
maybe I can get some questions answered.

I am not sure if anyone new to KDE apps will see the proposed wiki before they
jump in at the deep end and try to get digikam or kdenlive installed and running
and then get into trouble (as has happened just recently).  But the wiki will be a
valuable resource to show them after the event and help them recover.

All the best, Ian W.
KDE Games Developer