deactivate hack in PortfileRecipes?

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Tue Mar 5 02:34:08 PST 2013

On 2013-3-5 11:32 , Leo Singer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if someone who is very comfortable with the 'deactivate hack' would please post a code snippet and line-by-line explanation in the Wiki under <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/PortfileRecipes>?

I would hope nobody is particularly comfortable with it. It's referred
to as a hack for a reason, so it's not something we really want to
encourage.

We should be aiming for a solution in base, perhaps an option like
deactivate_conflicting that would trigger the same behaviour for the
listed ports as if they were marked as replaced_by the port being activated.

- Josh