user manuals

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 16:12:43 PST 2013

On 06/03/2013, at 10:15 AM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
> On Mar 5, 2013, at 4:47 PM, Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> My reasons for discontinuing the +docs variant in KDE ports would be:
>>
>> - It brings in additional dependencies needed by Doxygen but not by all end-users
>
> Most of those dependencies are for graphviz, which I hope to remove from doxygen's dependencies soon. (See https://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2013-February/022085.html and replies.)

Yes, I saw that.  And IMHO it would be a good move to remove graphviz dependency.

FWIW, the online API doco for kdelibs4 uses diagrams, see
http://api.kde.org/4.10-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kdeui/html/classKMainWindow.html
But that does not mean that MacPorts ports should.

As I suggested before, I think it would be fine to leave all API doco out of KDE ports,
since it can easily be obtained by other means, if required.

Cheers, Ian W>