[103793] trunk/dports/devel/lua-numlua

Andrea D'Amore and.damore at macports.org
Mon Mar 11 01:35:13 PDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 8:38 PM, Lawrence Velázquez <larryv at macports.org> wrote:
> The usual reasons?
> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#ownlibs

Thanks but I was already aware of the FAQ.

I have had the portfile partially edited for a while so I'm not sure
about why I went with lib: in first place, IIRC it was to due the
presence of multiple library version in ports rather than using a
non-mp provided library, i.e. there's hdf5 and hdf5-18 and I didn't
want to force one or the other.
This could (and maybe should) be in portfile logic accessing registry,
probably when I set the dependency I couldn't remember the registry
functions and was too lazy to check those.

So if there's an actual reason for switching this from lib: to port:
dependency and putting in explicit logic for the dependency checking
I'd like to read it. Otherwise I'd rather keep the port the way it is,
possibly switching to path: dependencies with leading $prefix in order
to keep them in ports.

--
Andrea