[103793] trunk/dports/devel/lua-numlua

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 11 23:41:31 PDT 2013

On Mar 11, 2013, at 23:39, Lawrence Velázquez  wrote:

> On Mar 11, 2013, at 4:35 AM, Andrea D'Amore wrote:
>
>> I have had the portfile partially edited for a while so I'm not sure
>> about why I went with lib: in first place, IIRC it was to due the
>> presence of multiple library version in ports rather than using a
>> non-mp provided library, i.e. there's hdf5 and hdf5-18 and I didn't
>> want to force one or the other.
>> This could (and maybe should) be in portfile logic accessing registry,
>> probably when I set the dependency I couldn't remember the registry
>> functions and was too lazy to check those.
>>
>> So if there's an actual reason for switching this from lib: to port:
>> dependency and putting in explicit logic for the dependency checking
>> I'd like to read it. Otherwise I'd rather keep the port the way it is,
>> possibly switching to path: dependencies with leading $prefix in order
>> to keep them in ports.
>
> If they use the same library name, you should be able to do something like this. (I'm just making the path up; I don't know what the right one would be in your case.)
>
>    path:lib/libhdf5.dylib:hdf5-18
>
> This stays inside the MacPorts prefix.

Correct. And you don't need to manually put ${prefix}/ at the beginning of the path; if the path is relative, it's taken to be relative to ${prefix}.

And if the library names are *not* the same, then the only correct thing to do is to use a port:-style dependency, and perhaps have variants for selecting which one you want.