qt4-mac+debug - Problems with Debug libs in Qt

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Tue Mar 12 13:11:44 PDT 2013

Hi Marko - I'm glad you figured out what's going on!  Very cool use of
the DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES -- that's really useful.

This is why I repeatedly tell folks to NOT use the DYLD* environment
variables except in testing as a -temporary- measure, and then solely
within just the testing environment & not their regular shell
environment.  Many projects do this technique for testing -- but I do
not know of any which require any DYLD* to be set outside the project,
e.g., for proper execution.  They instead, like Python, use their own
variables.  I might be wrong, of course, but this wisdom has worked well
for me thus far.

Take care. - MLD