doxygen/gdbm license conflict

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Mar 18 09:35:58 PDT 2013

On 2013-03-16 07:06, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
> I'd like to mark perl5 as license_noconflict in doxygen, since its dependency gdbm is blocking distribution of doxygen packages. I think perl is only used for running some build scripts, but I'm not really sure. Can someone with a clue take a look?

The depspec in depends_build is bin:perl:perl5, so on a usual
installation this does not pin a specific version of perl and
/usr/bin/perl will satisfy this dependency. Probably the intention of
the Portfile author was that perl is only required at build time for the
tmake script without further dependencies.

I took a quick view into the source code; there is no linking with perl
in the Makefiles, so adding "license_noconflict perl5" to doxygen would
be fine by me.

Rainer