selfupdate fails: ghc & gcc47

Sean Farley sean at macports.org
Mon Mar 25 09:52:49 PDT 2013

Clemens Lang writes:

> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 11:30:37AM -0500, Sean Farley wrote:
>> Something is really, really wonky with haskell in macports. I noticed
>> this when I was updating the dependency tree of pandoc. If I tried to
>> build hs-QuickCheck (which depends on hs-random) it would fail if
>> hs-random was installed from binary saying that hs-random needed to be
>> built with --library-profiling ... which should have happened since
>> it's using the haskell portgroup. If I uninstall hs-random and force
>> it to install from source (and build it on my machine) then all is
>> well.
>
> Maybe I changed the haskell portgroup to add this parameter but didn't
> revbump all ports that use the portgroup? That would explain this
> behaviour.

Aha! I didn't even think of that possibility and, yes, that seems to be
the issue:

96987:b037eaea6df9 hs-random: update to 1.0.1.1, #35762 2012-08-23 by Clemens Lang

100403:a6b309088255 haskell portgroup: add some settings found in most
(all?) ports using the group 2012-12-10 by Clemens Lang

So ... do all the haskell ports now need a revbump? Who will do it?