Gtk based applications not working right

Vishwajit Kolathur ajit.kolathur at gmail.com
Tue May 7 09:31:24 PDT 2013

Hey,

I'm new to macports, i've been using it for a month or so, i've been having
trouble with a lot of applications that use Gtk. Once i install them, they
seem to start start normally on the X11 terminal, but are incapable of
showing any text. I faced this problem after installing two applications,
Wireshark and Gedit.
Both of them give almost the same error messages.
I tried searching for existing complaints & solutions, looks like i
couldn't phrase my search well enough to find anything.

http://imagr.eu/up/51892a8f04661_screen-capture.png
http://pastebin.com/A2a8RCz7

Thank you

Vishwajit Kolathur