Testing framework

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Fri May 10 21:11:48 PDT 2013

For questions regarding development like this, please post to the
macports-dev list (Cc'd) so that the maximum number of qualified people
have the opportunity to help you, and also so that others can learn from
the answers. All the GSoC mentors are subscribed.

On 2013-5-11 07:58 , Marius Cotofana wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am back with a few questions and it seemed right to ask the three of you, who worked
> the most, developing the testing framework.
>
> * The only way of running the tests is by 'make test' from the test directory ? Are there
> tests that are not directly launched by this command ?

To run all the tests you'd run 'make test' from the top level of base,
not the test subdir.

> * Tests can only be found in '/base/tests/test' and the 'port' file in '/opt/local/bin" ?
> Is there something that I'm missing ?

The Makefiles in several other of the base subdirs have a test target too.

- Josh