Different deps shown on console and web

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun May 12 15:31:35 PDT 2013

On May 12, 2013, at 17:22, Clemens Lang wrote:
> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 12:12:38AM +0200, MK-MacPorts at techno.ms wrote:
>> So, it's a feature, not a bug then!? ;-)

It's an explanation of the behavior you observed.

> It seems so, yes. I know we're faking os.platform when generating the
> port index, so we might want to do the same when generating the
> websites, though.

The web site (or, the MySQL database that powers it) is generated by loading the set of ports from the PortIndex:

https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/base/portmgr/jobs/PortIndex2MySQL.tcl

If that script is being run on a Linux machine, then I would indeed consider that a bug in our infrastructure, since we want the web site to reflect what most users (i.e. Mac users) will experience.