Putting my Mac to sleep wedged my Installer package scripts

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Wed May 22 01:28:57 PDT 2013

You actually don't need to be connected to the internet to install the
pkg. If you're not, the selfupdate just fails and the postflight script
moves on. If rsync were to fail when the connection drops, the same
thing would happen, but when it just hangs that's harder to deal with.
This is <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/18315>.

- Josh