PyPy buildbot times out

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Wed May 22 14:10:55 PDT 2013

On 2013-5-23 01:35 , vincent habchi wrote:
> On 22 mai 2013, at 17:20, William Siegrist <wsiegrist at apple.com> wrote:
>
>> All slaves have 4GB of RAM.  I can accommodate 8GB on each […]
>
> Frankly, I doubt it’ll change anything. I built pypy on my late 2008 MacBook in three hours with 4 GiB of RAM. I have a SSD, though.

Again, the total time taken is irrelevant. The SSD certainly would help
the system to slow down less when there's a lot of swapping. But unless
you timed the longest pause between output lines, this doesn't tell us
what we need to know.

> Could it be that all the messages output by the pypy JIT graph building go to stderr?

It shouldn't matter whether they go to stdout or stderr. The builds are
actually timing out while writing out the C files, or sometimes when
doing the final link.

- Josh