Promote octave-devel to octave?

Nicolas Pavillon nicos at macports.org
Sat May 25 19:25:52 PDT 2013

Hello,

I had taken a quick look at the octave extension, and it seems that the main issue is that most of them were not updated, as the installation way changed, so that they were kept to old versions, still compatible with the installation way provided in octave-1.0 port group.
For this reason, several of them are not compatible with octave 3.6, but there are newer versions which are meant for more recent versions of octave.

I had submitted a new version of the port group, which should work to install the newer extensions (https://trac.macports.org/ticket/31949). It is however meant only for the new installation way, so that older packages should be kept on version 1.0.

Cheers,

Nicolas