[112776] trunk/dports/lang/clisp/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Nov 11 07:48:18 PST 2013

On Nov 11, 2013, at 09:45, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> On Nov 11, 2013, at 9:26 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> On Nov 11, 2013, at 08:20, Mark Evenson wrote:
>>> Sure: my TCL fu is not that great, so I always a little to hesitant to move outside the patterns that I know work in Portfiles, but getting the right conditionalized stanza that is somewhat future proof is certainly the right thing to do
>>
>> It should just be:
>>
>> if {${os.platform} eq "darwin" && ${os.major} >= 11} {
>>   configure.cflags-append -Wl,-no_pie
>> }
>
> why not
>
> platform darwin {
> 	if {${os.major} >= 11} {
> 		configure.cflags-append -Wl,-no_pie
> 	}
> }
>
> which doesn't loose the platform block?

“platform darwin” used to be different from “if {${os.platform} eq “darwin”}” but is since a few years exactly the same. So I propose to combine the two if statements into a single one so as not to need two levels of indentation.

> [aside: didn't we have a proposal for more flexible platform descriptions at some point so you could just write this in a normal platform block?]

Yes but it doesn’t seem that important to me since it’s exactly equivalent to an “if” statement so just write the “if” statement that you want.