[112776] trunk/dports/lang/clisp/Portfile

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Mon Nov 11 08:14:10 PST 2013

On Nov 11, 2013, at 11:02 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

>>> Yes but it doesn’t seem that important to me since it’s exactly equivalent to an “if” statement so just write the “if” statement that you want.
>>
>> platform variants get recorded in the registry.
>
> Is that still true?

yes (at least, I have one example of a port with a platform darwin that port installed has listed with +darwin and port variants doesn't list a +darwin variant).

>> Using bare if statements also looses the (mostly) declarative nature of the portfile. Encouraging people to write portfiles this way also weakens the generally true heuristic that if you're doing this sort of thing you're doing it wrong (since you're probably writing your own version of some existing macports functionality).
>
> Meh.

really? For someone who is quick to jump on /many/ stylistic differences it's surprising that you don't care at all about the initial design philosophy ...

> I can’t find a ticket for this feature request, but here’s a related one.
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/15712

IIRC kvv also proposed something (along with syntax for specifying versions in dependencies) back long before trac ;-)

--
Daniel J. Luke